Most campuses have underutilized or unused assets that can be monetized, such as vacant land, perimeter buildings, utilities and parking facilities, and excess classroom, office, and meeting space. But turning these into revenue-producing assets isn’t simple. This webcast will help those new to asset monetization assess the potential benefits against the costs for their institution. A panel of experts with first-hand experience will discuss the upsides and downsides with real-world examples, identify best practices as well as common missteps, and outline the internal and external barriers to this source of new resources.
- Identifying assets with potential for monetization
- Evaluating potential income and costs of monetization
- Recognizing the barriers to successful monetization
- Selecting appropriate advisors and partners
- Anthony Barbar, board chair, Florida Atlantic University
- Joanne Yestramski, vice president and chief business officer, University of Maine
- Terry MacTaggart (moderator), former chancellor, University of Maine System